APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
This course introduces the participants to nature-based solutions for developing projects and strategies in urban areas. Through the analysis of case studies, they will learn to identify challenges and opportunities in different areas around the world, recognize the importance of a sound urban sustainability strategy, and develop capacity for the development of urban nature-based solutions.
By the end of this course, participants are expected to:
- Identifying the key social and environmental risks that urban areas currently face.
- Understand the key characteristics of nature-based solutions for urban areas.
- Characterize case studies of nature-based solutions in urban areas from around the world
- Recognize the importance of a sound sustainability strategy in urban areas
- Develop capacity to incorporate nature-based solutions (NbS) into urban planning and implementation.